Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

2005 -KEY won't Turn in the IGNITION AT ALL- pls HELP!

926 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ChevyMalibuDaddy2005 
#1 ·
HERES THE SCOOP:

1. Prior to the incident, I had to jiggle the key when cranking my 2005 Malibu.

2. The night before the incident, I had a hard time getting the key to come out of the ignition when I parked at home.

3. I drove my car around for about 30 mins and when I parked at a friend's I turned off the car and 10 mins later I went to crank the car to leave and the key would not budge/turn/move whatsoever.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I JUST NEED THIS CAR TO RUN TOMORROW! I HAD A FRIEND WHO WAS JUST GOING TO DRILL THE IGNITION OUT SO I CAN GET IT ON THE ROAD.
Then another friend called and said DONT DO THAT BECAUSE THERE IS A SECURITY ISSUE. I DONT HAVE A KEY WITH A CHIP I KNOW FOR SURE. Another friend said he could just hot wire it for me to get me on the road. I DO NOT HAVE A LOT OF MONEY BECAUSE I am disabled and living on limited income. What is my best option to get me back on the road? Does anyone have any suggestions on what we should or should not do based on experience ONLY please?

Thank you all for your time and any help you may offer,

🧔 - Sam

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.