Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for dumb post. My Aunt is ill, and I have been driving her to Dr. in her 2005 Malibu (she can't climb up into my Silverado). When I set the anti-theft system, the alarm indicator light stays on for about 10 seconds, and then flashed every 10 seconds. Is this how the system is designed to operate?She lost her manual, which I need to replace.

thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
My old 2006 Cobalt used to do that (seeing how they're both in the same generation I assume it's the same).. it's just verifying that the anti-theft system has been activated.

·
Registered
438 Posts
sorry for dumb post. My Aunt is ill, and I have been driving her to Dr. in her 2005 Malibu (she can't climb up into my Silverado). When I set the anti-theft system, the alarm indicator light stays on for about 10 seconds, and then flashed every 10 seconds. Is this how the system is designed to operate?She lost her manual, which I need to replace.

thanks
Well that is how it is on the 09. If I lock the doors with the key fob once, the anti theft light will be on solid for a few seconds and then flash every 3 seconds. If I hit the lock button twice it goes to the flashing right away if I'm not mistaken. An easy way to see if it is working would be to sit in the car, activate the system, wait for it to blink, then unlock the door manually by lifting up on the lock, and then open the door and see of the horn honks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.