Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Malibu LS 3.5L V6 with 215,000 miles. Since it’s been getting hotter out I’ve noticed my temp gauge going passed its usual “operating temperature” resting spot. So I turn on the heater and it cools right down. I’m pretty sure my radiator is partially clogged. I’ve tried back flushing, I’ve tried 4 different rad flushes from autozone and oriellys, I’ve cleaned all the bugs and dirt out of the fins. And not to long ago replaced my water pump. So I’m gonna pull the rad out, I’ve got some muriatic acid and I’m gonna give it a real Quick flush with some diluted down muriatic acid. Think that should do the trick. Just wondering what the easiest way to get the radiator out is. Thanks for reading!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
TLDR
What is the easiest way to remove the radiator from a 2005 Malibu LS 3.5L V6?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,682 Posts
I'm not familiar with your model in particular, but the way I've always removed mine was to pull the fans off, remove the rad hoses, pull the trans coolant lines and put a hose from one to the other to reduce leaks, and unplug or remove any sensors or wiring.

Then remove the fasteners at the top that hold the top brackets, and it should pretty much just lift out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.