Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2005 Chevy Malibu CLASSIC and I CHANGED the blinker bulbS on the passenger side in the rear and once I did that I had no more tail lights parking lights.Now I have no power on the left side at all and no brake lights or anything in the back whatsoever. And when I change the blinker bulb in the back I have no instrument lights either. Can somebody please help me and tell me what's going on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2000 Chevy Malibu and I came to the blinker bulb on the passenger side in the rear and once I did that I had no more tail lights parking lights. Now I have no power on the left side at all and no brake lights or anything in the back whatsoever. And when I change the blinker bulb in the back I have no instrument lights either. Can somebody please help me and tell me what's going on? I have power Ender right rear side no power in the left rear side
Sounds like your power wire on the right might of grounded out and blew some fuses, check your fuses first!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,279 Posts
Also, if that is the type of taillight that uses a circuit board instead of individual sockets, the board itself could be a problem. Check all of the sockets and all of the wiring at the board to make sure none of the terminals are touching each other. Check the wires on the bulbs to be sure they aren't shorting across multiple terminals as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like your power wire on the right might of grounded out and blew some fuses, check your fuses first!
I think u might be right. But here's the catch. All of my fuses are good BC they are all brand new. As well as all of the bulbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Then I sugest you take a multi-meter and check to see if you are getting power to the bulbs, need to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also, if that is the type of taillight that uses a circuit board instead of individual sockets, the board itself could be a problem. Check all of the sockets and all of the wiring at the board to make sure none of the terminals are touching each other. Check the wires on the bulbs to be sure they aren't shorting across multiple terminals as well.
I had to replace the circuit board due to water intrusion/corroded sockets. It was $16 on Amazon,and I also replaced the passenger side board just for safety

1 - 9 of 9 Posts