Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is not my starter..I had the starter replaced twice....What could it be? Sounds like a common problem so I'm wondering what the common fix it? Car will ALWAYS start in the morning when I go to work. Then I go home and always starts. But, if I run to a store and shut it off and come right back out within minutes 99% of the time it won't start. Just clicks. Nothing else...I have power for radio, windows, etc..but car won't start at all.
Must wait a few hours, then it will start up every time.
I need help. I'm a single mom with not a lot of money and can't afford to change this and that as a trial and error basis of figuring out what's wrong. I did a search and lots of malibu owners have this issue but Ive yet to find a solid solution noted online. Thank you in advance for your help...
I own a 2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx it's started doing this at the end of last year started getting worse now that summer is here I had someone come check it out the guy started pushing fuse by fuse in the hoods junction block while me turning the key then it started right up when he pressed on DLR fuse , got it replace work fine that day and went back to doing the same but now I know which one to push to get it started with out having to wait 2 hours for it to cool off and start . Recently purchased a whole new Junction Block waiting to replace it see if that is my issues

·
Registered
70 Posts
I own a 2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx it's started doing this at the end of last year started getting worse now that summer is here I had someone come check it out the guy started pushing fuse by fuse in the hoods junction block while me turning the key then it started right up when he pressed on DLR fuse , got it replace work fine that day and went back to doing the same but now I know which one to push to get it started with out having to wait 2 hours for it to cool off and start . Recently purchased a whole new Junction Block waiting to replace it see if that is my issues
Did you ever change the starter relay? That may fix it. I have seen several relay issues on GMs, though usually the starter relay and typical on older vehicles with high mileage.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,227 Posts
The DRL fuse simply controls the Daytime Running Lights and has nothing to do with starting the car.

It may be that he identified the wrong fuse, but if not, it's likely that another no-start situation won't be cured by moving that fuse.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The DRL fuse simply controls the Daytime Running Lights and has nothing to do with starting the car.

It may be that he identified the wrong fuse, but if not, it's likely that another no-start situation won't be cured by moving that fuse.
Agreed! Though tapping anywhere on the junction box may be adequate to unstick a relay (that got stuck by age and temperature).

It may be possible that the wire terminations on the junction box are corroded, but I don't see that here in sunny AZ.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever change the starter relay? That may fix it. I have seen several relay issues on GMs, though usually the starter relay and typical on older vehicles with high mileage.
No I did not just been driving it as is have my 6 year old turn my car on will I push the fuse 🤦 but I did order whole new junction box hoping that will fix my issues probably going to look into replacing the starter relay too

·
Registered
3 Posts

Watched this video on YouTube he mentioned exactly what is going on with my car why decided to just purchase a junction box hopefully that help will find out on the 15th

21 - 26 of 26 Posts