So I purchased the car about a month ago, after a test drive I noticed some things needed to be fixed and the dealer was able to fix them. This is what was fixed, the driver/passenger side door lock buttons would only unlock, not lock. The steering wheel would jerk sometimes when turning and the ABS light would flash for a split second.
After those were fixed, the car had no problems for about a week (funny, huh? everything always works perfectly at the dealership, but then you take it home and the real problems show)
Anyways, I was putting on seat covers one day, decided to put the car in my neighbor's drive way while i installed them, after I finished installing them, I try to start the car and it wouldn't start, it would crank and even let out black smoke from the exhaust but it wouldn't start. After I had a friend come take a look at it, and giving it gas while starting the car, it started and let out white smoke for a couple hours, but after a 20minute drive all seemed well.
After that incident, now it starts 95% of the time, the other 5% it would start then stall, unless I give it gas. I took it to a mechanic and he said no tune up is needed, and the problem isn't the fuel pump, it could be the ignition switch, but he's not 100% sure and doesn't want to replace it unless he is 100% sure.
Another problem I'm having is the doors would seem to magically unlock themselves while I'm driving. I don't know what could be causing that, but that issue recently escalated, the doors now unlock themselves when the car is off. Earlier today I went to my car, and just pulled the door handle and the car opened but the alarm went off (I'm 110% sure I locked it the night before).
Is anyone experiencing these issues? or does anyone know what can be done to fix them?
I really appreciate any help.