Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

2006 Chevy Malibu SS (blue)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DrivenDaily 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I can't find anything on this car. Is it that rare, or that unpopular? 🤔 Anyway that's not my question. I'll try to not tell a story, but no promises. Many months ago my car made a loud pop like something hit the bottom of it, I immediately, I mean immediately too, parked it and shut it off. Looked jnfer and there was all this fluid pouring out. 🙄 This is where you guys are gonna be annoyed. I go home and figure I'll just get a tow truck and bring it to a shop, or my house, so my parents give me a ride down to my car and we are waiting for the tow truck. We'll my dad is looking around it, tells me to turn it on and everything seems fine(because I parked it so fast). Well he says " let's go" and I look at my mom with a puzzled look. I try to say something, but he is just like it's fine nothing is wrong with it just put some coolant in it. Long story short about halfway home something blows up and the car skids/jerks to a hault in the middle of the freeway in Las Vegas. It's midnight so I can't tell the color of the smoke, but there's smoke coming from the engine, I think it's seized up because it won't turnover. My dad won't help so I just leave it there. Now I'm gonna skip all the bull and get to my question.

I'm finally working on it and just got a new battery, changed the oil, put coolant in, dot 3, I just found the 🔑 key and went to turn it on... can you guess what happened next? 🤔 your right you smart bunch the car fired right up like nothing ever happened in the first place. Oh you were wrong? Well doesn't matter, so it fires right up and I let it stay on for 10 seconds then turn it off because that couldn't have just happened. I'm topping off all the fluids now as I write this and just wanna get some somewhat professional advice. What do I do now? Just take it slow and drive it down the road, go to town with it, or just have it on, but in park?

Thank you opinion helps. I just don't believe it's that easy. My life is never that easy and I feel like something detrimental is about to happen. This car is/was my baby and I've neglected it far too long. What else should I be checking? It has been sitting close to a year by the way after that incident occurred. I was just 100% demoralized after all we had to do was wait for the tow truck, but nooooo. Hope my post is somewhat understandable and coherent. Also maybe on your answer post a quick one line description of your Malibu. Mine was called the Shalibu. Back when it was my dad's. His name is Shannon. "SHA"-libu? Lame I know.

See less See more
#2 ·
Also it's 7:56 p.m on March 23rd, 2022 and I just turned it on and let it sit for a while seemed fine. Did that twice. Only thing is I filled it up with coolant and by the time I went to check it again it was almost empty. Something is wrong...something. I wish I could find my diagnostic thing.

#3 ·
Pull the dipstick to see if it has water in the oil or if it now looks like milk.

It's your car. If your dad or anyone else pops the hood, waves their hands back and forth, and then says, "Let's go", exercise your right to allow the tow truck to come so you can inspect it at a more convenient location and time. But it's too late this time.

If you added coolant but now it's nearly empty, are you talking about the overflow bottle? If so, it could have just bled out the air in the system and you just need more. But the big question is, Where did it all go in the first place?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.