Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Malibu Maxx LT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all

i have an issue with my 06 malibu maxx's purge valve. the thing probably went bad and caused the car to throw a check engine light (i ran the code and it came back to the evap purge valve). i've been told that it was most likely caused by the gas cap, but replacing the cap didn't make it go away at all (it came back the moment i wiped it off the ecu). anyways, i need to get the check engine light off so it will pass inspection at the end of july, and i plan on doing it myself if i can figure out where it's at. does anyone have any clue where the purge valve is at on a malibu maxx, and how easy it is to replace it?

thanks

-big

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Should be under the hood near the intake manifold. Has two small hoses going to it and an electrical connector. You can go to autozone.com and look up the part. It will show you a pic of the item. You can find youtube videos about testing it.

·
Registered
2006 Malibu Maxx LT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be under the hood near the intake manifold. Has two small hoses going to it and an electrical connector. You can go to autozone.com and look up the part. It will show you a pic of the item. You can find youtube videos about testing it.
awesome! i found it, thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts