Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking for a suspension kit for my 2007 Chevy Malibu LT. I have found an affordable option but it says "LS model" so I want to know if anyone can confirm if the LS model suspension can work for my LT model. I do not want to go through the trouble of sending back if it is not compatible. The suspension kit is FCS KIT25752130.
Font Pattern Beige Electric blue Event
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Suspension kit? Isee original oe struts and kyb brand for the rear..... personally i would just get all the same. I have kyb stuff on my Camaro....good stock style replacements.... just get whats ment for the car..... unpess you know fr sure....

Not sure if ls nd lt just mean 4 cyl and 6 cyl..... even if it bolts on.. car might sit higher tHan you want, etc

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I had a 2006 Malibu LS 4 cylinder Malibu and those parts would bolt on no problem [ is a 2007 the same?]. They are probably of very poor quality and ride will be degraded. There was a change in the rear shock absorber top mount around this time from an "eye" to a post mount. It's easy to see what type you have by looking just above the rear wheel. The shock you posted the link to is the "eye" type. I put KYB shocks on the back and found them overly stiff.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
FCS kit is going to be low quality. You get what you pay for. KYB is my go-to for struts / shocks. If car is in good shape, not a rust bucket and you intend to drive it for a while put the better stuff in. Monroe is not the quality they used to be.

Reactions: Darthz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the insight! I suppose I will cough up the extra cash for better quality. The car has 160k miles on it so I'm hoping to drive it at least a few more years.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hay get an alignment too...after charging my fronts..... The car drove straight.... didnt pull one way or another...... one season and te insides of both sides of my fronts are worn flat....... tires were 1 year old

1 - 6 of 6 Posts