Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got a 2007 Chevy Malibu (unsure of the trim at the moment) from my brother-in-law. I've had it since about June and did some basic work to get it running all right (after sitting for nearly 3 years). The work I did included an oil change (filter included), replaced the rear tires, and put in a new battery. So fast forward to yesterday (it ran great until then) and I go to turn it on and find this.

These are the videos I was able to take this morning.

The video is from today but it did the same thing yesterday morning. So I was able to get it stable enough by giving it some time and turning it on and off to get me to work. However at lunch when I went to take it to a mechanic, no issues at all. Started up great, ran great there. The mechanic even said it didn't happen the whole time.

Now I'm not very mechanic, I've done only basic maintenance on a car, but that struck me as odd. So today I try it and same issue. Now again I got it to not surge as much today enough to get me to work, but I have a feeling it's somehow going to be fine at lunch.

I'm looking for anything someone can tell me at where to start looking, because I think I might just do this on my own if I can. I'd appreciate any help that anyone can give me because I'm at a lose. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would look into cleaning and resetting your IAC....its one possibility

1 - 3 of 3 Posts