Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2008 Malibu with the 3.6/6-speed do something weird the last two times I have driven it. When coming down from a 60 mph cruise to a stop/almost stop the transmission seems to go into neutral and the car won't move when I press the accelerator. If I then let off and slowly squeeze it will go. I don't think there is anything mechanically wrong and am wondering if someone else has experienced this and had it corrected. I am hoping it is just a software change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had my 2008 Malibu with the 3.6/6-speed do something weird the last two times I have driven it. When coming down from a 60 mph cruise to a stop/almost stop the transmission seems to go into neutral and the car won't move when I press the accelerator. If I then let off and slowly squeeze it will go. I don't think there is anything mechanically wrong and am wondering if someone else has experienced this and had it corrected. I am hoping it is just a software change.
Hey boss changed my oil today and noticed a leak underneath in the tranny line i have 13,000 miles on my 08 3.6 6 speed .
a tranny will slip once the fluid gets low if i didn't notice it would have happened sooner or later i'm not going to add the fluid yet because i want the dealer to see the problem but mine is not slipping yet.
check your tranny fluid it's on the right side facing the engine fro the front.
check it running and hot. might be your problem let me know how you make.
how many miles you have?
John

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have 8,000 miles. I can't duplicate the problem and its only happened twice. I didn't drive the car for five weeks to keep the salt and sand off of it, wondering if that was a factor. Hasn't happened since and I have been driving it more regularly, although more lousy weather is coming in Sunday so the ole Suburban will be pressed back into service for a few days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My '08 slips around 20mph when re-applying the gas after coasting. It jerks as the tranny engages. It is most noticeable in stop & go traffic. It does not happen at higher speeds. It has been doing this since I bought the car with 20k miles. It is now approaching 24k.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine does that as well at times. The slippage I am speaking of occurred when coming to almost a complete stop. When I pressed the gas it was like the car was in neutral. I could actually rev the engine. Haven't driven it this past week due to snow, but I can't duplicate it so having someone look at it now won't yield any results.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like software to me.

We have hundreds of Lambdas in our Car Reliability Survey with this same transmission. Plenty of complaints about shift behavior, but no outright failures that I can recall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a new 2009 Lt with just 75 km on it. The second day I was cruising just under 50 km/hr when I lightly pressed the accelerator the engine breifly revved like it was in neutral then went hard into gear.
Not sure what going on but I'm going to try and duplicate it so I can show it to the dealer. I don't what to go there and they say its ok.
I hope this is not going to be one of those " thats normal " bull, I'm already a bit disappointed with ride

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.