Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2008 Malibu with the 3.6/6-speed do something weird the last two times I have driven it. When coming down from a 60 mph cruise to a stop/almost stop the transmission seems to go into neutral and the car won't move when I press the accelerator. If I then let off and slowly squeeze it will go. I don't think there is anything mechanically wrong and am wondering if someone else has experienced this and had it corrected. I am hoping it is just a software change.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have 8,000 miles. I can't duplicate the problem and its only happened twice. I didn't drive the car for five weeks to keep the salt and sand off of it, wondering if that was a factor. Hasn't happened since and I have been driving it more regularly, although more lousy weather is coming in Sunday so the ole Suburban will be pressed back into service for a few days.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine does that as well at times. The slippage I am speaking of occurred when coming to almost a complete stop. When I pressed the gas it was like the car was in neutral. I could actually rev the engine. Haven't driven it this past week due to snow, but I can't duplicate it so having someone look at it now won't yield any results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.