1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ,
My name is Kevin , I bought my Bu' this past June. I bought it because
1. I didn't want to pay over MSRP for a new car due to chip shortage
2. Never owned a Chevy and always loved the Gen 7 body since I was a kid.
3. Never owned a v6 and always was curious if I could put my skills to the test

Since then I have wanted to light this car up in flames and drive it off a cliff. I bought the car below KBB price, (thought I was getting a bargain) in reality , its been nothing short of a nightmare. All of the fixes I have either done them myself and/or had to cough up money to have others to do the jobs I don't have the tools for. That being said , I love this car for what it is when its running as it should. Really solid interior (Driver seat needs replacing though) but everything else as if it was actually taken care of. Engine was not taken care of whatsoever from previous owner , but surprised that it still ran as well as she did. Im probably 3k deep in repairs because of the jobs I couldn't do myself due to tools restriction (Complete brake replacement/job , Struts and shocks, engine mount and trans mount , tires , ECU reprogram , repaint and changing hoses for sunroof with parts included of course) But everything else I was able to do . Learned alot so far because of this car and appreciate the headaches good mechanics go through to get a job done on cars like these. I also learned that not all mechanics are willing to do a job even if you pay them what they estimate. Which was a harsh lesson to learn. Safe to say , from a learning perspective, this car really has given me lessons to keep with me forever and hopefully can take them to the next car I end up getting. Though with all the repairs Ive gotten done I wont be surprised I keep it for a hot min lol.
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

(PSA Avoid small town dealerships , I'm never buying from one again)

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,840 Posts
Welcome to CMF!

I have a 2011, same color, V6. It's actually my second 2011 V6 because my first was taken by a flood. I bought it new after trading in my 2009 V6 to get it. So this is my 3rd Gen7.

Like you, I like the body style quite a bit.

I've modified it quite a bit. One mod was to add a light bar above the license plate for backup lights, then later I changed the 2 white backup lights on the trunk lid into yellow blinkers and converted the red brake lights to no longer be used as turn signals. I like yellow blinkers better, and this mod not only does that for me, but makes this LTZ quite unique.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to CMF!

I have a 2011, same color, V6. It's actually my second 2011 V6 because my first was taken by a flood. I bought it new after trading in my 2009 V6 to get it. So this is my 3rd Gen7.

Like you, I like the body style quite a bit.

I've modified it quite a bit. One mod was to add a light bar above the license plate for backup lights, then later I changed the 2 white backup lights on the trunk lid into yellow blinkers and converted the red brake lights to no longer be used as turn signals. I like yellow blinkers better, and this mod not only does that for me, but makes this LTZ quite unique.
I may try that out ! thanks for this tip!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts