Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to attend an event hosted by General Motors Fleet and Commercial Division, North Central Region and check out their new 2008 models.

The group from my company was generally impressed with the new generation Malibu, and in April we took delivery of twelve Malibu LSs with the 1FL package and 3.5L V6 engine to replace 2002 Impalas (our company amortizes passenger car fleet vehicles over a six year period). The 1FL package allowed us to forego OnStar and XM Satellite radio, neither of which our fleet manager desired.

Here are some pictures of the Dark Gray Malibu that I currently drive:

Thus far, I've put about 7,000 miles on this car over the past three months for plant visits and other business travel across Ohio and Indiana.

Overall, this Malibu is a very pleasant vehicle, far superior to the '02 Impala I drove previously in every respect with the exception of trunk space. While the Impala still seems to be the car of choice among corporate fleets (at least in Central Ohio), the new Malibu seems to be gaining ground in that market. Additionally, the new Malibu has become a popular selection at many Enterprise, National, and Alamo locations in the Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton regions. A co-worker of mine who got one from National at Port Columbus Airport declared it the best GM product he's ever rented. :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Very nice!
Also good to see another Ohioan on here!

·
Registered
33 Posts
congrats...you got the same package i got

enjoy

·
Registered
112 Posts
No offense; but, I was glad to see that GM has not offered the 3.6L V6 VVT to fleet buyers - yet in the LS models.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I friggin' hate the fact that GM covers all the engines up now...makes it impossible to do any maintenance whatsoever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
im up for a new company car also..and i have a choice between this same malibu/ 1FL with the 3.5L ..a Dodge journey SXT, Grand caravan SXT, and a subaru forster

narrowd it down to either the Malibu or the Journey :confused: both are great cars but the journey SXT seems to have more standerd features. and all kind of storage places etc...http://www-5.dodge.com/en/2009/journey/
But the malibu is just sexy inside and out..i got a few questions for you to help me deceide between the two cars.. :)
what exactly is the 1FL package, what does it include?
is it dual exhaust like the 3.6L or single?
4 speed auto or 6?
is there a big difference in performance between the 3.5 and the 3.6? i know the rated horse power for each, but how is the real life feel if you happen to know..

i always have the option to buy it after a year or so., its why im asking ya know.....thanks man

·
Registered
421 Posts
is it dual exhaust like the 3.6L or single?
4 speed auto or 6?
is there a big difference in performance between the 3.5 and the 3.6? i know the rated horse power for each, but how is the real life feel if you happen to know..

i always have the option to buy it after a year or so., its why im asking ya know.....thanks man
The 3.5l is single exhaust
4 Speed Auto
3.6 feels MUCH stronger than the 3.5 (keep in mind the 3.6 also has the 6 speed tranny to accentuate the difference in power)

The 3.5 should be a bit better on fuel economy while also being better than the 4 cylinder for general acceleration. I actually prefer the feel of the old 3.5 / 4 speed tranny in my 2004 Malibu to the feel of the 3.6 / 6 speed in my new 2008 LTZ, mostly because I don't like a lot of shifting going on, and the six speed does quite a bit more than the older 4 speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what exactly is the 1FL package, what does it include?
1FL is a fleet only configuration for the Malibu LS (model 1ZG69). It is equipped the same as the retail 1LS, with these exceptions:
  • floor mats standard
  • 6 way power drivers seat- standalone option
  • Onstar delete option
  • XM Radio delete option
  • 3.5L V6 (LZ4) option

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.