Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Chevrolet Malibu has become the hot car of 2008, with retail sales up 147 percent over April '07, and total sales up 39.5 percent, to 17,050 units last month. It's still Chevy's third best-selling car, behind Cobalt (up 25.1-percent to 18,636) and Impala (off 5.1-percent to 26,728). At this rate, the Malibu, still not likely at peak production, will soon pass Cobalt and take on Impala.

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6248100/motor-city-blogman/april-sales-trucks-and-suvs-out-loaded-midsize-sedans-in/index.html

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh man this is some great news. Its great to see that all of GM's work is paying off and they are making a new name for themselves with this car. ;)

I think the resale value on these cars are going to be good, seeing that the quality and time they have put into them. As long as everything holds up in them and nothing major happens in the future I thing the Malibu is in good shape.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's good to see GM selling a lot of these things. Hopefully all of the kinks can get worked out quickly. It would be nice to see some aftermarket perfomance parts on the market.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't doubt it. The biggest dealers here in KC have significantly dwindling stocks over the last couple of months. My salesguy said some people aren't even caring about package levels or colors... if there's one on the lot, they buy it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
In Canada we are having the same issues....Can't get a car anywhere. I will probably end up ordering an 2009 in order to get the features that I want. Can't find many V6's and the 4 cyl are rare also.

Glad to see GM has found success will certainly help their numbers in the long run I think, now they just need to find a way to repeat this success with another model.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I see the new Malibu on the roads everywhere I go. They are much more a common sight than my Ridgeline and the Ridgeline has been on the streets since early 2005.

Congrats to the Chevy Design Team.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My future son-in-law sells new Chevys in NC. He told me 3 weeks ago they had 32 Malibus on the lot. As of Monday he had 5 left. He has no LT's, 2 LS's and 3 LTZ's. He said people are really grabbing for the LT's cause they are better equipted than the LS but not as pricey as the LTZ. He is hoping the next truck comes in quick with a new load of Malibu's cause he has a waiting list at that dealership already for specific colors and models. I think this car will be GM's profit maker this year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is good to hear as we have a 2007 Tahoe(love it!) and a 2003 Jetta(hate the repair bills) and I 'm looking closely at the Malibu as I here of great build quality and great gas millage as I am a GM fan after buying the Tahoe. I have heard nothing but great things about this car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I see the new Malibu on the roads everywhere I go. They are much more a common sight than my Ridgeline and the Ridgeline has been on the streets since early 2005.

Congrats to the Chevy Design Team.
Here in southern California it is the opposite. I see ridgelines everywhere and have only seen two other Malibu's. One of which is my parents LTZ. They had to buy one the day after they saw mine. Ane the other one was an LS. And they are still impossible to find at dealerships.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Here in southern California it is the opposite. I see ridgelines everywhere and have only seen two other Malibu's. One of which is my parents LTZ. They had to buy one the day after they saw mine. Ane the other one was an LS. And they are still impossible to find at dealerships.
Brian, I've heard the Ridgeline is pretty popular on the West Coast. I'm lucky if I see two a week here in SE Pa. The Malibu, I see at least once every 20 miles it seems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im suprised also ever Since I got my malibu I have 4 Total. In Los Angeles/Santa Monica.
Thats right 4 -2008 Malibus.
Its ok though I like that not that many people have the BU.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have noticed that the majority of members here are from the East Coast.
I did not know if this was a indicator that Malibu was selling better on the East Coast or the West Coast owners were too shy to join :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I test drove one and I was very impressed of the over all quality, and decided this is the next car for my wife, then we will be a 2 Chevy family consisting of an 07 Tahoe and hopefully a Malibu.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I have noticed that the majority of members here are from the East Coast.
I did not know if this was a indicator that Malibu was selling better on the East Coast or the West Coast owners were too shy to join :)
The trendsetters are on the East Coast. Afterall, we do get the sun first! ;):D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I debated with my wife over the past three weeks whether to buy a new Chev Malibu or a Dodge Journey. I wanted the Malibu, my wife wanted the Dodge Journey. I took delivery of a new Dodge Journey this past Friday. It cost more, lower mileage figures, heavier vehicle, not as impressive interior, but my wife can see out the windows better and that's what counts.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was watching the Mets Dodgers game on ESPN last night and noticed that Shea Stadium had a huge Malibu advertisement on the home run fence. The ad was the typical gray MAlibu you see in print and TV ads, except it must be at least the size of the real car.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Best of luck with your new Journey, Jay.

I wasn't familiar with them so I went and found it on the Dodge Site. Nice looking SUV! What color did you decide on?
I had no choice in the color. They brought in a vehicle from another dealer in what they call Silver Steel Metallic Clearcoat ... medium gray with a bluish tinge to it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.