Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Malibu and I had my passenger front turn signal go out. When I turned it on it would flash fast. So long story short I took it all apart to find out the bulb was fine. I went ahead and bought a new one and same thing. Checked all fuses and relays. No issues found. I’m at a loss. It actually lights up orange but won’t blink. When I hit the hazards all corners flash but that one. Lol. Not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,010 Posts
That is a dual filament bulb. When it lights up orange and it's not blinking, it's probably because the headlights are on, which means the parking light filament is illuminating.

Since the bulb is known to be good, you may want to check the plugs as well as the socket itself. Make sure that all contacts are actually making contact. Look for signs of burnt plastic which might indicate a poor ground or other issue causing higher than normal current.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a dual filament bulb. When it lights up orange and it's not blinking, it's probably because the headlights are on, which means the parking light filament is illuminating.

Since the bulb is known to be good, you may want to check the plugs as well as the socket itself. Make sure that all contacts are actually making contact. Look for signs of burnt plastic which might indicate a poor ground or other issue causing higher than normal current.
I checked the plug and it seems to be ok, I did put a test light to it and found that there’s only 2 connectors are getting power. By that I mean when I put the test light to the lil connections which there like 5 or 6 to the plug. Only 2 will light up when I hit it with the test light. Not sure if that means anything. The plug itself looks ok along with the wiring. 🤷‍♂️

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,010 Posts
There should be wires to the back (outside) of the socket. Test those. 2 should have power, 1 should be ground.

The big plug should have wires for the headlight, side marker, parking, and turn signal, plus 1 or more ground wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts