Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last company car was a 2006 Impala my dad bought from leasing company. I drove it again today for first time after having the 2008 malibu for last six weeks. I am so glad I choose Malibu over Impala as my next car.
Malibu drives like a sports car compared to Impala.
Everything about this car is great.
Road noise is reduced dramatically vs Impala.

I recommend this car everyone that asks me about it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Good to know, a couple of friends pointed me to the Impala but I am hooked on the styling of the Bu'

Glad to hear you are liking your Bu'

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks for the info. The Impala can be had at significantly less money than the Malibu right now because of incentives. That's the only reason I would consider the Impala. I would assume the Impala SS would handle and ride a bit better than the regular Impala.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Malibu is a great car, but it has it place, as does the Impala, but one thing, my mom has a black 2007 impala SS which is pretty bad A$$, cornering is a little better than a LT but the 5.3L is what makes it bad a$$, one drive and youll like it, oh and your MPG in the SS is about 15, and no corn fuel can be ran it that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I test drove an Impala SS. I hated it! Between the torque steer and the poorly designed seats (felt like I was going to fall off the seat), the engine has way to much power for the car's setup.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I test drove an Impala SS. I hated it! Between the torque steer and the poorly designed seats (felt like I was going to fall off the seat), the engine has way to much power for the car's setup.
I've read that in many car reviews as well. If I was going to get an SS model, I'd consider the HHR SS. It only has about 40 less HP in its 4-banger than the Impala's V8. I already have a truck with the 5.3L V8 - I don't need another gas guzzler! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.