Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/meet-your-2009-chevrolet-car-lineup-64921/

Hey All...

Interesting little observation....In the above link it showcases the 09's. While taking a look at the 2009 Malibu I noticed something quite interesting.

The adjustable foot petal button/switch is not gone! If you look at the interior shot of the image you can see some slight differences between the 2008 and 2009....Now I am assuming that the image shown is of a 2009 and not that of an 08' but cannot be 100% sure.

Just thought that since this was such a hot topic of conversation I would point this out.

Cheers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm curious as to what slight differences you noticed in the picture?

Did you also notice that on the exterior of the car, the side marker turn signals are gone?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Did you also notice that on the exterior of the car, the side marker turn signals are gone?

Someone had mentioned that the vents are now matching colours. Yes, I had noticed the side marker was gone, kind of bummed about that one....Heck maybe they got rid of them because they are putting the turn signal in the side mirror like on the Buick Lucerne (sp?)

·
Registered
421 Posts
The exterior shot is of an 09, but I think they reused the 08 interior pic. Looks like the standard brick red interior from an 08 LTZ (vents are the same as the surrounds, even in my cocoa / cashmere LTZ).

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The exterior shot is of an 09, but I think they reused the 08 interior pic. Looks like the standard brick red interior from an 08 LTZ (vents are the same as the surrounds, even in my cocoa / cashmere LTZ).
Thanks for the info....Good to know....I wonder what they are going to put in the whole that will have been the adjustable foot pedal button....Simple tooling modification but I hope they put something "neat" there be it a pocket or something.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not that this matters but I thought that I read somewhere that the sidemarkers were being deleted off the 2009's. I just saw a picture of an 09 at a recent auto show and they were on there. For me I really like them and if they did stay I think this is a good move.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pwinskey - I guess we will just have to wait and see. I am getting mixed responses from a lot of people. Thanks for the updated info.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Side markers are gone for all we know. I think adjustable foot pedals were deleted too.
And yes, I am the same FenwickHockey65 down a little on that thread complaining about the lack of side markers.

·
Registered
512 Posts
^^ I'm thinking that's an '08, since it says North American Car of the Year on the windshield...

·
Registered
17 Posts

The repeater lamps < front fender marker lamp > are gone for domestic Malibu in 2009. They remain for euro export cars.

Some other changes for 2009 will be:

Four new exterior colors: Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White, Gold Mist Metallic and Silver Moss Metallic
Bluetooth capability with OnStar 8.0
six speed auto standard on 2LT available on 1LT
Stabilitrac standard across the board.
Seventeen-inch fascia spoke wheels and touring tires will be standard on LS and 1LT models

Here's a pic of the '09 2LT

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oh well I thought I was on to something because I know how much some of the "09 buyers wanted them!

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
were there a lot of problems with the pedals?
Like I said in the other thread...

I really think this was just a dealer blowing smoke to come up with a "reason".

Really, what it more likely is was a cost cut vs. a feature surveys/customers said truthfully wasn't used THAT much. It was a great feature, but with many drivers like my mother who never used it once in either her Suburban or the Malibu--"I wish it wasn't there, and I actually had another feature instead"--in the end, away it went.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is one thing that pisses me off about GM. I don't own a Malibu but we are considering one for my wife. I currently drive a 2003 Chevy Avalanche that I bought when the 05 models were hitting the showrooms. Once I did some research and discoverd all of the little things that they removed in 2004 and 2005 model years I opted to buy a used one rather than a new one. I happened to find one on a lot that was the exact truck I would have special ordered if I wanted to go that route with an 05 and I saved a ton of money.

As for the power pedals, I have them on my Avalanche and I like them. Sure I don't move them but there are times when my wife drives my truck. She is much shorter than I am. When she unlocks the truck using her fob the pedals, seat position, side mirrors, HVAC settings and radio head unit settings are automatically set. When I unlock it the truck goes back to my settings. The only thing I have to touch when going from one driver to the other is adjust the rear view mirror. The driver setting recall was one of the many features removed from the 2005 model year that cost GM a sale of a new truck.

At this point I don't know if we will be going new or used or if it will even be a Malibu. As it is just one of the options.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.