Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Malibu currently has a problem with its reverse lights. They are not going off no matter what. In drive, in park, no key in ignition, etc. The car is also in anti theft mode, which may be related, but I could not find anything linking them too it. The anti theft blinks when the cars locked with no key in ignition. Also a headlight went out a fay or 2 early, just in case it matters. Although I dont think it has anything to do with it. Would appreciate any help. We currently pulled the fuse to preserve the battery.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,462 Posts
Pull up on the brake pedal. If the lights go out, you may need the BPPS replaced. BPPS = brake pedal position sensor. It's like a brake light switch, only unnecessarily more complicated.

Is the CHMSL also on? Is it on separately from the lower brake lights? CHMSL = center high-mount stop light, aka third brake light.

In the past, it was necessary to go to a dealer to have it "homed" and reprogrammed to the BCM. If you search CMF for other threads about it, you will find some who have successfully replaced it at home with no issues.

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Read this thread, all of the postings as this way you will see what everything a poor connection can affect. Connection issues in the Body control module connectors can cause all kinds of strange lighting issues.

Reactions: DrivenDaily
1 - 3 of 3 Posts