Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started car shopping lately for a good, solid, family car to replace our aging 91 Lincoln Town Car and came across this '09 Malibu LTZ (in golden pewter metallic) with about 75k miles on it. It is a one owner and was bought new in the same city back in 2009, and has always had oil changes and tire rotations every 6-7k miles at a local tire shop and was kept in the garage when at home. Cosmetic condition is excellent, only a few noticeable dings and scratches on it. Being the LTZ, it's also got the sunroof, heated leather seats, 18 inch wheels and all the other goodies. The tires only have about 12k miles on them and all the brake pads were done recently. KBB suggested a little over $11K for private sale and we ended up paying $9K. Think we made a good deal even with the relatively high mileage?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,197 Posts
Sounds pretty good. Welcome to CMF, too! Got any pics yet?

Check the maintenance record to see if the transmission has ever been serviced. The early models of the Gen7 qualify for an extended transmission or powertrain warranty from GM to help cover the 3-5-R wave plate that may fail.

Since it's the I4 and not the V6 then you have EPS - electric power steering. That means the intermediate steering shaft may need a little attention to deal with a thump sound, and the coil pack may need a ground strap added and/or the wires moved a little further away from the coils to keep a surge from happening when EPS activates and may cause the engine to run roughly.

If it was the V6 then you would have a lot more fun and hydraulic power steering. I know I do! :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,709 Posts
That's a neat color, weird name though. Not sure what's golden about it. :p

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.