Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 09 LT, and along with the rattle in the headliner by the sunvisor, i also have one in the driver door, i think its the speaker, but i cant tell. i have already had it to the dealer once, and they couldnt find anything... go figure... i found the TSB for the headliner rattle online, and im going to take it to the dealer when i go again, but i want to know if anyone has the rattle in the door.... it sounds like it can be the speaker, happens with high volume, bass, or bumps on the highway. anyone else have this issue??

·
Registered
569 Posts
My Back deck rattles like crazzy when there is a bassy song on but so far so good on the doors and things

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, hopefully the dealer can fix it sometime. As far as your back deck. I know there's a tsb for that. I remember reading it, the clips for the speakers are the culprate in your case with that back deck. I can't find the tsb number now but I know there is one.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ohh thanks for the heads up I will see if i can find something on that.. Its crazy loud rattles to if you crank the tunes :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just did a quick search on edmunds and no speaker rattle tsb's for the 2009, It only list 3 all for the breaking system

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a website that i can access that has actual PDF's of the TSB's that GM issues... but, go figure, i cant access it because theyre doing maintenance on it! When it comes back up, ill get it you somehow

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a creaking noise coming from driver side door/a pillar/ dash area when accelerating. Really starting to bother me i will go to stealership to have it looked at. Hopefully they can do something for me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so i am going to have the dealer replace my speaker in the drivers door, i think it may be blown or loose. Im also going to have them look into the replacement of my door seals, theyre scratching the paint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a creaking noise coming from driver side door/a pillar/ dash area when accelerating. Really starting to bother me i will go to stealership to have it looked at. Hopefully they can do something for me.
I have the same problem. It is getting worse and now I hear the creaking when braking as well as accelerating. I am going to take it in but please let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the same problem with the dash rattle on the drivers side. Anyone have a solution?
i found my one rattle, the problem is the window control panel, rubs against the door panel. they said they would look into a TSB, and to bring it back, and they will make a fix for it so it doesnt rattle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got a 2010 LTZ with a rattle in the driver door when I turn up the stereo. Is the rattle you've found that is due to the window control panel rubbing against the door panel made worse with louder music? I'm looking to find out if this could be the problem source for my issue. The passenger door rattles with louder music, but it doesn't seem to be a rattle coming from the speaker itself (that I can tell anyway) but rather higher up in the door plastic, a little above the height of the drivers seat. It stops when I hit the rattly plastic area softly, but then starts again later. Any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.