Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replacing entire suspension system on my 09 Malibu 3.6.
As always, something piddly and stupid has me caught up.
The inner tie rod boot has a goofy permanent looking clamp in addition to the normal one.
It is clamped with no way I see to loosen, and a rod dissapears into the car.
Its not on a lift. Trying to avoid crawling under when its only on Jack stands. I have replacement boots, so I can destroy the old one, and have. Cut the turd up. I'll just have to neatly trim and add the new one past where this clamp is, but don't want to.
How does this clamp remove?

Might need additional info on the rear sway bushings and little dog bones. I hear they can get to rusty to remove? Its been oiled underneath yearly since 2014 at 60,000 miles BUT its at 240,000 now

Thank you
Headgear Chest Hat Trunk Waist

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not a sensor port, it's a breathing tube that balances the air pressure on both sides as the steering moves.

You posted this around 1 AM Eastern / 12 AM Central / 11 PM Mountain / 10 PM Pacific. Getting results in the middle of the night is kinda dicey, but it does happen from time to time. I guess no one was awake and online.
Its all good. I just thought it was funny I figured it out within minutes of posting. After sleeping, I decided it was for air balance because of the tight seal.
Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts