Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced all of the power door lock actuators as they were beginning to fail. Upon replacing the front drivers side power door lock actuator, I began getting periodic door ajar errors. I have confirmed that it is this particular door which is causing the issue, so I thought that perhaps the actuator's latch sensor was bad so I ordered a second new one. Unfortunately after installing the second new one, the error continues. Now I'm wondering if I may have damaged the door wiring harness when removing the door panel to replace the actuator. I believe that the door wiring harness is GM part 20923325, however I can't figure out which wire corresponds to the door ajar alarm, or if this is even the place I should be looking... I attached a photo of the wiring harness for reference. If anyone has a diagram of this part, or any suggestions, please let me know. I really appreciate any assistance on this issue!

Note:
This is the door actuator I purchased - https://www.amazon.com/Actuators-Replacement-2008-2012-Chevrolet-2007-2009/dp/B07KTXS85X
This is the door wiring harness - https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/products/Door-Wiring-Harness-Front/2796592/15881540.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Read the fretting corrosion information in this category. Erratic's could very well be a connection issue at the BCM as it's a common problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[Solved] I just wanted to follow up. After seeing if there was corrosion, any broken wires in the plastic sheathing between the door and the body, etc. I discovered that the issue actually was that the door striker needed to be readjusted in order for the lock sensor to read that the door was secure even though the lock itself was fully engaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.