Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m trying to put a new front flex pipe in my malibu since the flex pipe is leaking. Bolts are rusted and the space where the flange connects to the manifold flange is so tight that you can’t get your hands in there or even the socket on the bolts. Anyone changed this out? Probably gonna end up taking to the mechanic since it looks like you’d have to take apart a lot just to be able to access these bolts. Just seeing if there’s an easier way? Thank you.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread
Automotive tire Wood Tread Bumper Tints and shades
Automotive tire Tire Bumper Tread Wood
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
With that rust your better off taking it to someone who is equipped with a acetylene torch and a lift. I'm not sure if front of flex needs to be welded in either or if it's an assembly up to the cat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With that rust your better off taking it to someone who is equipped with a acetylene torch and a lift. I'm not sure if front of flex needs to be welded in either or if it's an assembly up to the cat.
Yes I’m just going to bring it into the shop. Impossible to do anything with out a lift always ahaha. And I bought the part already, was only $70 so couldn’t go wrong with that!
Font Automotive lighting Bicycle part Nickel Jewellery

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine's leaking. Just do what I'm going to do. Cut up several beer cans, wrap the aluminum around the joint, then put two pipe clamps over the ends. ******* exhaust repair!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts