Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 has the esc service notification the comes on the dash, i have changed the computer the BCM, stoplight switch, the 80 amp fuse at the end of the fuse box and still having problems, all the ground points have been checked, lubed the harness connector for the bcm, per chev recommendations and still the rear lights lock on im at my whit's end please help.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,082 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Step 1: Have the codes read.

Step 2: Share more info about your car, please.
my apologies , i have a 2009 Malibu LT with a2.4L engine with 90, 000 miles on the vehicle i been having a ESC service indicator message on my dash. this causes my rear brake light to illuminate, i have made changes to the BMC, the computer and the stoplight switch. have performed all the chevy recordation's to lube the harness connectors, changed the 80 amp relay to for the esc in the fuse box. I'm still have the same issue with the rear lights. No performance issues no codes are coming up when anodized.[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
3,054 Posts
Discussion moved to the gen7 section.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check wheel speed sensors and if you can drive and monitor them and check for an erratic signal. Make sure all 4 wheels have a clean consistent signal. Check all connections too. Try disconnecting the battery to reset the computer and see if the issue persists. Is your traction control of ABS light on at all?

Also is there any aftermarket computerey things on like a remote start gps tracker etc.?

no codes come up , only code was for the thermostat , sorry for not posting that in the original post.
I think that could be the issue as stupid as it is. When my MAFS got disconnected I got service ESC and service traction

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
You need a code scanner that will read all 4 code families not just the P codes. That is more important than having hand tools to work on todays computer controlled cars.
Without a full scan your just throwing darts at it.
Brake pedal ''switch'' is not a on / off switch, it's a sensor that measures pedal travel and needs to be properly adjusted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts