Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I Have A 2010 Chevy Malibu That Mystery Lost Power A Month Ago. Bought Me A FIXD OBDII Reader And It Popped P0420 Code. Okay, Now A Week Ago I Decide To Do A DIY Tune Up. Check Engine Light Popped Off And The Code Went Away. But I'm Still Having Problems Starting It. We Used The Starter Fluid Technic And Nothing Still. Still Doing The Same Thing. Now I Stuck Because My Lights Not Diming And Everything Work. I Even Got My Battery Fully Charged To See Will That Work And Still Nothing Still Cranking But No Start. I Checked The Fuse Boxes And All Fuses Still Look Like They In Tack. I Order A Relay Reader To Check All My Relays And I Order A Multimeter To Make Sure I Don't Have A Shortage In My Fuse Boxes. Can Anybody Give Me Some Options To Try Or If You Had This Problem What Was Your Solution.

In Need Of Help. Because My Wife GMC Acadia Start Doing The Same Thing But "Dealer Ship Say" Her Anti-Theft Light Locked Her Motor Up, So We Got To Figure That Out Before We Start On Hers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, I Have A 2010 Chevy Malibu That Mystery Lost Power A Month Ago. Bought Me A FIXD OBDII Reader And It Popped P0420 Code. Okay, Now A Week Ago I Decide To Do A DIY Tune Up. Check Engine Light Popped Off And The Code Went Away. But I'm Still Having Problems Starting It. We Used The Starter Fluid Technic And Nothing Still. Still Doing The Same Thing. Now I Stuck Because My Lights Not Diming And Everything Work. I Even Got My Battery Fully Charged To See Will That Work And Still Nothing Still Cranking But No Start. I Checked The Fuse Boxes And All Fuses Still Look Like They In Tack. I Order A Relay Reader To Check All My Relays And I Order A Multimeter To Make Sure I Don't Have A Shortage In My Fuse Boxes. Can Anybody Give Me Some Options To Try Or If You Had This Problem What Was Your Solution.

In Need Of Help. Because My Wife GMC Acadia Start Doing The Same Thing But "Dealer Ship Say" Her Anti-Theft Light Locked Her Motor Up, So We Got To Figure That Out Before We Start On Hers.
There is some type of flaw on 2010 apparently (read via a post) that from time to time I believe lateral moves or quick hard turns can cause the oil supply I guess to engine to temporarily be blocked. This could be a prevention thing maybe? Eg to protect your car from further damage. If I read it correctly I believe this same issue is als OP sometimes a leak but not sure. I'm looking for a leak near the compressor where its bolted. Maybe this is lose causing the oil to leak or be blocked when the compressor moves the bolt and o ring or whatever? Just a thought.

Also may want to check for an emergency fuel cut off switch.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,006 Posts
There is some type of flaw on 2010 apparently (read via a post) that from time to time I believe lateral moves or quick hard turns can cause the oil supply I guess to engine to temporarily be blocked. This could be a prevention thing maybe? Eg to protect your car from further damage. If I read it correctly I believe this same issue is als OP sometimes a leak but not sure. I'm looking for a leak near the compressor where its bolted. Maybe this is lose causing the oil to leak or be blocked when the compressor moves the bolt and o ring or whatever? Just a thought.

Also may want to check for an emergency fuel cut off switch.
If you have the info regarding that "some type of flaw", please share it.

The AC compressor bolt will not have anything to do with an internal oil leak or blockage.

The "emergency fuel cut off switch" does not exist on these vehicles. They use the sensors for the air bag system to determine if an issue is present and shut off the fuel supply.

What kind of car do you have? Please read this and share more info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts