Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu LS and when accelerating the car when stopped it jerks before driving normally. I recently swapped the transmission out for a different one and it still has the same issue. Any suggestions is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,691 Posts
With a totally different transmission it seems unlikely they both have the exact same problem. Spark plugs? Dirty injector? Mount?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not check the spark plugs or the injector. Do you believe either could be the issue? I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to cars. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,691 Posts
Just to make sure, no fault codes or warning lights on, right? When you write jerk, can you describe that more? Does it rev up and kick into gear? Or is it just a lunge forward when you hit the pedal? Any sounds? What led you or a tech to suspect and replace the transmission?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no codes or warning light on. When accelerating after stopping the car does rev up almost to third gear even when barley pushing the gas pedal, it also jerks a little back and forth when doing this. I don't hear any weird noises coming from the car either.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,234 Posts
Fluid level?

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
He means trans fluid level.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,234 Posts
LOL. Yes, I do.

The fluid level in these newer sealed transmissions is more critical than in older models. It would probably be a wise move to double-check it now that it has been driven and any air burped out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts