Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody new to this forum hopefully somebody can help me, changed the transmission fluid on my 2010 chevy malibu ltz 3.6 6 speed transmission, have 5 quarts and half and added the same amount and after drove the car checked the fluid ( have the one with lipstick) so that was easy, it took like 6 quarts but after driving the car for like 15 minutes check engine come on, put the scanner and it trows code P0711 transmission fluid temp sensor A circuit range/performance then the next day it go away by it self, but after 2 days it come on again and if i erase the code it come back on after like 60 miles or so, decided to look for the temp trans sensor and replace it but couldn't find where it goes if somebody can help me will be very appreciated, also was looking for the part online but is very hard to find, found an ac delco part#12458118 on summit racing but it doesn't shows if it is the correct sensor, please help!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,858 Posts
The TFT sensor is inside the CSVA, which is inside the trans case. You would have to remove the trans from the vehicle and separate both case halves to access it. At that point, you might wanna consider either overhauling it or replacing it.

Or just live with it, so long as it works right.

TFT = trans fluid temp
CSVA = control solenoid valve assembly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The TFT sensor is inside the CSVA, which is inside the trans case. You would have to remove the trans from the vehicle and separate both case halves to access it. At that point, you might wanna consider either overhauling it or replacing it.

Or just live with it, so long as it works right.

TFT = trans fluid temp
CSVA = control solenoid valve assembly
Hi Driven Daily and thank you for your answer, i was thinking al ready that sensor must be inside de trans case and just run the car like it is because it runs fine so far, thank you again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Malibu's transmission issues may have multiple sources. A faulty pressure control solenoid in 2011 models can cause the transmission to skip certain gears, making the vehicle feel low on power. A damaged transmission fluid pump (2011 through 2013 models) can also keep the car from starting or shifting into gear.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,858 Posts
The Malibu's transmission issues may have multiple sources. A faulty pressure control solenoid in 2011 models can cause the transmission to skip certain gears, making the vehicle feel low on power. A damaged transmission fluid pump (2011 through 2013 models) can also keep the car from starting or shifting into gear.
Would you be kind enough to share the source of your info, please? I have a 2011 and would be interested to learn more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts