Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is the 6 speed and I can feel it shifting on the 1st through 3 . Not like really Bad or all the time. most of the time when it's been driven for a while. I have change the fluids and it was still red didn't smell burnt it has help some. That question one .... Here question 2 .. I keep getting the service esc and traction control ..when driving and having the Cruze on low traction will pop up and then shut off my Cruze and the light will go off. Seems to happen when hitting a bump. And when turning right I hear this sound compared to crumpling an empty water bottle

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
ESC and TC warnings are usually triggered by a ABS issue. Codes need to be read as to see what the cause is.
For example it could be one of the wheel sensors but which one? Scan will identify which one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
ESC and TC warnings are usually triggered by a ABS issue. Codes need to be read as to see what the cause is.
For example it could be one of the wheel sensors but which one? Scan will identify which one.
It says it the right speed sensor ..

Could a ball joint cause those lights to come up

Could a ball joint cause those lights to come up
the sound I get when turning right sometimes does remind me of like wire harness being twisted up.. like I said it kind of sounds like an empty water bottle being krunkles

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,949 Posts
@drs1896

Your 3 posts were within 2 minutes altogether and were merged.

You may not be aware, but the 3 little dots at the top right of the post should allow you to select Edit so you can correct any typos.

Also, and this is a change from the Multi-Quote feature from earlier days, there are 3 icons below all posts: Reply, Quote, and Like. If you select Reply, it'll quote the one post like you've already done. Quote will allow you to mark multiple posts to be quoted into a single reply. It's a bit clunky because, after marking them, then you have to find the button near the "Post reply" button that appears and says "Insert Quotes (3)" (the number inside the parentheses will be how many you've marked), then a dialog opens and you have to click "Quote Messages" to insert them into a new post. (I said it was clunky!)

I hope this helps with your experience here at CMF.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Right front sensor or right rear sensor ?
If right front then your probably have a bad wheel hub also which could be the source of your noise.
Sensor is in the wheel hub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I'll go over the railroad tracks and it will pop those lights off .. but here's what it does when I'm driving and the lights come on all here like a rubbing sound and get a low traction light and then the ESC light and service traction control light will go off now the codes are telling me that it's the right side wheel bearing which has been replaced very recently so I am at a loss to what is causing this

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Part quality has a lot to do with the sensors used in it. Cheap part, cheap sensor and short life.
Follow what the codes tell you and check sensor wiring for rubs or fraying first before changing the hub again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wondering if tie rod ends could be the cause of the ESC light popping on and off sporadically I got underneath the car today and noticed that my lower tie rod end is shot

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,949 Posts
I was wondering if tie rod ends could be the cause of the ESC light popping on and off sporadically I got underneath the car today and noticed that my lower tie rod end is shot
Please do not start a new thread for the same issue. Your post was moved here because that is where your issue is being discussed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts