Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Chevrolet Malibu
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of some front end noise on the car
If I sit there in a parked spot and turn the steering wheel it sounds like it’s rubbing on something
I’ll make a video of what it sounds like and post for anyone to see if they can help out

thanks for the help in advance

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,279 Posts
Sounds like the spring is twistin' a bit on the struts, or the upper strut bearing is lettin' ya know it needs some attention.

·
Registered
2010 Chevrolet Malibu
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like the spring is twistin' a bit on the struts, or the upper strut bearing is lettin' ya know it needs some attention.
Thanks for your input I appreciate you always commenting on my stuff

I’ll keep it parked until I can get it to my mechanic for a look and see what’s up

·
Administrator
19,279 Posts
That little bit of noise is probably not gonna be an issue if you wanna drive it, but use your best judgment regardless.

·
Registered
2010 Chevrolet Malibu
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That little bit of noise is probably not gonna be an issue if you wanna drive it, but use your best judgment regardless.
I’ve got a second vehicle that needs to be used haha parked to long so I’ll just drive it

·
Registered
2010 Chevrolet Malibu
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question

how do I know If my power steering is electric or not

2010 2.4cyl LS

·
Administrator
19,279 Posts
Gen7 2.4L are all EPS. 3.6L V6 are all hydraulic. Not sure about the 3.5L pushrod V6 - I think it's EPS.

Another way: pop the hood, lift the fuse box cover (under the battery cover). On the end closest to the firewall will be an 80A fuse for EPS. Also while under the hood, if there is no obvious PS pump with a twist-off cap, then it's EPS.

·
Registered
2010 Chevrolet Malibu
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gen7 2.4L are all EPS. 3.6L V6 are all hydraulic. Not sure about the 3.5L pushrod V6 - I think it's EPS.

Another way: pop the hood, lift the fuse box cover (under the battery cover). On the end closest to the firewall will be an 80A fuse for EPS. Also while under the hood, if there is no obvious PS pump with a twist-off cap, then it's EPS.
Thanks again
Yeah I figured after looking around that it was eps

the reason I asked is because I thought maybe low on ps fluid but like you said maybe I need to change out the strut / spring etc

I’ll get it looked at tomorrow

thanks again
You have the best advice

·
Administrator
19,279 Posts
Thanks again
Yeah I figured after looking around that it was eps

the reason I asked is because I thought maybe low on ps fluid but like you said maybe I need to change out the strut / spring etc

I’ll get it looked at tomorrow

thanks again
You have the best advice
Nah, I don't, really. A lot of what I share has been gathered from others who know way more than I do. Without this forum I would not even be aware 3/4 of what I've heard. The guys who need the kudos are the ones who dig deep and share from years of experience. I just babysit the site.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Since your in a salt zone my money's on rusty struts and springs.

Reactions: jonolach

·
Registered
2010 Chevrolet Malibu
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since your in a salt zone my money's on rusty struts and springs.
I just got the car safetied 2-3 months ago and my mechanic said everything looked good

replaced the control arm bushing and rear pads and rotors

Other then that he said all looked well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts