Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just updated over the weekend, GM now has started the release of 2010 model details, Malibu included. First, the main link to the 2010 Malibu ordering guides and then the overviews of what's changing:

2010 Malibu:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2010&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=3&vehicleID=8687&type=0

Deletions
(75U) Dark Gray Metallic exterior color
(78U) Golden Pewter Metallic exterior color
(92U) Silver Moss Metallic exterior color
(AP9) Trunk cargo net
(VQG) LPO, Weather Protection Package
(PFE) 17" ultra bright aluminum wheels
LTZ uplevel instrumentation cluster
Metallic "MALIBU" front door sill plate applique on LS model

New Features
(98U) White Diamond Tricoat exterior color (extra cost)

(GGW) Taupe Gray Metallic exterior color

(GHA) Mocha Steel Metallic exterior color

(N75) 17" Chrome-Tech aluminum wheels
(LE9) 2.4L ECOTEC engine, includes (E85) FlexFuel (gas ethanol) capability, uses gasoline or E85 fuel

Changes
Driver seat power-adjustable lumbar replaces manual lumbar on all models
6-speed automatic transmission is now standard on 1LT model with the 2.4L 4-cylinder engine
Power-adjustable outside mirrors switch moved from A-pillar down to driver's door armrest for better access
(KTI) Tire sealant and inflator kit is now standard and (ZFH) compact spare tire and jack is now an available option

2010 Malibu Hybrid:
http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2010&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=3&vehicleID=8691&type=0

Deletions
(75U) Dark Gray Metallic exterior color
(78U) Golden Pewter Metallic exterior color
(92U) Silver Moss Metallic
(US8) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback
(VQG) LPO, Weather Protection Package

New Features
(GHA) Mocha Steel Metallic exterior color
(UUI) AM/FM stereo with CD player and USB port

Changes
(UPF) Bluetooth for phone is now standard
(AG1) 6-way power driver seat is now standard
-------------------------------------------------------------
Some noteworthy small items, color changes, standard 6-spd except for LS, new 2LT wheels and LTZ trimmings, all Ebony LTZ interior availability, revised mirror switch location (good idea...this has always bugged me), power lumbar on all models (vs. the chintzy little manual lever), etc. The 2.4L can now be flex fuel, which is really the only powertrain change, but that's fine.

Enjoy! Now, who's going to be the first with a 2010?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great info...

What exactly is this: "LTZ uplevel instrumentation cluster"?
Since the first '08s, the LTZ has had a unique instrument cluster with the blue halo lighting around the gauges--apparently no more, for '10.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the current model when they say it has "uplevel instrumentation cluster" they are talking about some halo lighting?
Yes, if it is described like that (I can't remember, fully). Just something a little different to give the LTZ another small unique touch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I with that they would have had the Ebony option for LTZ's in 08 instead of the two tone. I would probably have an LTZ instead of a 2LT.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where is the in-dash navigation?
This has been talked about and asked about MANY times, and direct from the GM line managers, the EP-I platform cars (current gen G6, Malibu, Aura, etc.) are not set up electronically to handle/accept a full Nav unit. Technically, most think it would still work as it does in other GM's, but until the next gen, it's not happening.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That is ridiculous. The Malibu's major competitors offer in-dash navigations. If the public can make it work with aftermarket units and add-ons to tie into onstar, radio controls, and etc, why can't GM get this to work?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so no ss still
As was said a couple of years back, no more will they be doing SS versions of vehicles that don't match the proper SS image. That said, a Sport model was possible, but didn't happen yet--maybe it will, maybe it won't. The all new '10 Lacrosse on the new Epsilon II platform offers the DI 3.6L and AWD, which could be good contenders for a Malibu Sport model but not likely with the current design and platform. You never know, until it happens or doesn't.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oops. my bad. now that I think about it, my sill plate says "chevrolet" as well. It's a nice touch.
This is odd, as they all have always had the same sill plates...or at least all the LS's I've seen. Maybe it's something else. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It looks like the LTZ cluster is going away guys, not changing. It was a deletion with no addition. I'm guessing all of the Malibus will have the same cluster. Probably too high of an added cost to produce, for not much of a noticable difference. That said, I have a 2LT and wish I had the LTZ cluster. I wonder how hard it is to change that out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
White Diamond Tri-coat - I really love this color - I wish they had it for 09.... when do the 2010's come out ?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It looks like the LTZ cluster is going away guys, not changing. It was a deletion with no addition. I'm guessing all of the Malibus will have the same cluster. Probably too high of an added cost to produce, for not much of a noticable difference.
YES, correct. Wow, it took until your post to realize I was reading that wrong;)

White Diamond Tri-coat - I really love this color - I wish they had it for 09.... when do the 2010's come out ?
I know...I had it on my '08 G6 coupe, and loved the color dearly. So classy and eye catching, even for "white". As it was already being sprayed on the same lines with the G6, this isn't a stretch--and it fits the Malibu's more upmarket image even more.

EDIT:
Oh, and as for dates...the final order entry date for 2009's is May 9th, they complete build out, start taking orders for 2010's shortly thereafter, and then 2010 Malibu's are scheduled to roll starting on June 8th. Give or take a day here or there, those are the dates published by GM right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the all Ebony seats for the LTZ I imagine more than a few people who wanted an LTZ avoided it becuase they didn't like the Ebony/Brick combo.

I don't like idea of droping the LTZ cluster it was a one of the features than made me choose it over the 2lt.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Looks awesome although they should have made bluetooth standard awhile ago.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.