Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents

Hope you are all doing well.

So about two weeks ago I changed my inner and outer tie rods. I went with the AC Delco professional. So far so good. But of course, I'm learning with these Malibu's you are never quite done. So I hear a noise, now it turns out I have a bad Strut mount -- (been driving long enough to know what that noise is). So I'm going ahead and replacing the entire strut assembly ( quick strut) it is just easier that way. So I usually go with KYB's ( yes I know about the firmer ride ), one of my friends told me to go with Detroit Axel quick struts. Now we are talking Brooklyn NY -- where you are better off having a 4x4 with these horrible city streets, so knowing this information what do you all suggest? Buy the way this is about the 4 pair of struts that will be changed. When the car was under warranty for 8 years the dealer changed them three times !
Your suggestions welcomed !

Have a great week.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,716 Posts
I have the KYB that I bought from Rock Auto and built my own front struts when I lowered mine several years ago. Those firmer shocks translate into a harsher ride. I find myself looking for and steering around even the smallest bumps, so I can't imagine how I'd deal with the potholes you describe.

I still have the OE shocks on the rear.

For me, I'd like to go back to an OE ride quality.

The only real benefit I found with the KYBs is that thing handles like it's on rails. But like I said, the ride has suffered immensely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts