Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a 馃 on Interstate 20...Should I buy back or take pay out $4500 payout...2011 MALIBU LTZ 223,000 miles

Attachments

Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
Get with a paintless dent repair to see how much they can bring back. The car itself looks sound. It's mostly all in the fender door, and headlight.

The only drawback with taking the money is you'll have a salvage titled car, but it'll still be the same car.

Only you can decide.

What engine, the 2.4L or 3.6L?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get with a paintless dent repair to see how much they can bring back. The car itself looks sound. It's mostly all in the fender door, and headlight.

The only drawback with taking the money is you'll have a salvage titled car, but it'll still be the same car.

Only you can decide.

What engine, the 2.4L or 3.6L?
Thanks for input

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well took payout looking for another vehicle ran across this took 2016..Took it for a block it road decent...but has a Rebuilt title....Would u buy a Rebuilt titled car? Owner says the front bumper was fixed r repaired.

Premium Member
Not me. If only a bumper cover was replaced it would be minor accident damage and not generate a rebuilt title. As far as I know a rebuilt or salvage (depending on how each state describes it) title means it was totaled by a Ins. Co. and had major damage due to a accident or flood.

Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
Not for me either. The gen8 and gen9 cars have so much electrical wiring and so many modules I wouldn't risk the possibility (and likelihood) of past major damage. The engines in gen9 also need diligent maintenance to see longevity. Not that it happened to this car but I wouldn't touch any car with a rebuilt or salvage title considering the hurricanes and floods of recent years.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not me. If only a bumper cover was replaced it would be minor accident damage and not generate a rebuilt title. As far as I know a rebuilt or salvage (depending on how each state describes it) title means it was totaled by a Ins. Co. and had major damage due to a accident or flood.
Thanks nice vehicle...but definitely not getting after reading this

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts