Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Chevy Malibu that has a flash logic theft system. I am trying to install an aftermarket double din radio and all wires are connected right. #1 Radio comes on; but car will not start due to the anti theft lock. #2 Radio always stays on, doesn't shut off. Is there a connector I need to connect the anti theft system? I'm clueless on this.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,561 Posts
What is a "flash logic theft system"? I am not aware of the Gen7 having any connection with the radio that prevents the car from starting. I've had my radio head unit out and still drove the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a remote starter and car security. I'm assuming it didn't come with the vehicle, that it was purchased and put in by someone other than Chevy. When radio comes on the security light comes on and prevents the car from starting.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,561 Posts
That device is likely the culprit. The radio has nothing to do with theft deterrence or preventing the vehicle from starting. Zero.

You may have wired something wrong with the aftermarket radio, or cut a wire, or blown a fuse, or tested all of the wires you could see using a test light and fried part of the computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts