Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2011 Chevy Malibu and the problem with it is as soon as I start it, it will turn on but the RPM’s will start to flutter up and down and the car will die off. A temp solution I found for it is I will press the gas immediately when I drive. Another issue with it is at stop signs or red lights it will do the same thing with the RPM’s fluttering and dying out, I basically have to have the car in neutral and press the gas for it to not die. Also I’ve noticed this problem only occurs when it’s slightly cold or even cold outside, this problem doesn’t occur at all in the summer and car runs fine. I’ve only had it since April. Any help will be appreciated, thank you. :)

· Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Check engine light on? Modern vehicles need to be scanned for codes in the computer as a first step to see what's going on. That's what every repair shop does as soon as it comes in the door so a diagnostic direction can be determined.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.