Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Malibu LT 2.4L cranks but no start. Went into limp mode a few weeks ago and wouldn’t come out, now it won’t start. Fuel rail has fuel, has spark but won’t fire. Rpm gauge not moving when I try and crank it. Codes: p0641,p2122,p2127. Replaced pedal already and battery. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,840 Posts
Those seem to be related to the TPS.

Has there been any cleaning or maintenance done on the TB that you can recall?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I can recall…
I did forget to mention while in limp it seemed to be misfiring intermittently. Once you got going it was good. Read on another thread it’s possibly the injection harness connector.
So the TPS would make it go into limp?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,840 Posts
It could. The TPS is part of the motor that operates the throttle plate. If the motor or its wiring has been compromised then that could be the cause. I asked about TB cleaning because not everyone knows to spray the rag. Some still spray the TB and get it wet, which can lead to the fluid getting into the motor cavity and coming in touch with electronics that don't wanna be touched.

DTCs don't always mean that a part is bad. They actually mean that a system has a fault. The wiring, the connections, or an induced current from nearby wires could be the cause.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changed the coil packs and plugs. Codes went away, still won’t start but wants to. Now codes p0013,p0336 are popping up. Ordered a new TPS and crank sensor going to install this weekend. Will update once in the car.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
The rpm not moving while cranking indicates no crank position sensor signal. The computer does not see the engine running and cannot "time" ignition and or fuel injection. It does not turn on ignition and fuel injection. I would try this cps first and it might cure all the problems.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Thank you, I’ll update once I have the cps in the car. Someone outside of the forum told me it could be the ecm failing. 🤔
A failing ECU can cause all manner of problems, but that is the expensive route to go down. As mentioned by others, check all wiring and connectors. The less expensive things should be tried first unless you have very good evidence that the problem is indeed the ECU. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts