Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This noise has gradually got worse
I have new struts, outer toe rods , steering gear, I shaft , Lower control arm, and sway bar links

the noise sounds like it’s in the dash
It will do it consistently at high speeds on the highway with steering slightly turned to the right , and is aggravated when braking . Noise was taken on the Ohio turnpike near pa border .

The noise also occurs at low speed over rough roads. Any ideas

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,908 Posts
Possibly the intermediate steering (I.S.) shaft. Search CMF for that, as there are some who greased it to make it better for a while, and others who got a cure by getting the updated I.S.

Hint: Don't grease it!

You'll want to know if your I.S. is painted or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Possibly the intermediate steering (I.S.) shaft. Search CMF for that, as there are some who greased it to make it better for a while, and others who got a cure by getting the updated I.S.

Hint: Don't grease it!

You'll want to know if your I.S. is painted or not.
I had already replaced it
Still looking for the noise

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,908 Posts
Have a shop put it on a lift and start looking for loose steering and/or suspension parts. It takes so very little movement to make a noise like that.

·
Registered
2010 LT1 w/2.4
5 Posts
Have a shop put it on a lift and start looking for loose steering and/or suspension parts. It takes so very little movement to make a noise like that.
Our 2010 had this noise from the 1st month of new ownership. Dealers couldn’t isolate it and it finally went away recently when I replaced the front struts. The bearing in the top of the driver side was bad from the factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts