Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, the other day I was driving my 2011 Malibu when out of no where I realize my gas pedal isn’t making my car accelerate. I also lost my power steering so I had to coast myself into a gas station. I turned the car off and on but when I tried starting it, it would start then die. I replaced my O2 sensor as I thought that was the problem but once again my car shut off while driving. Now my car won’t even start and all my lights flicker in and off when trying to start it.
I have no idea what’s wrong so if anyone could help me out.

the codes I got from the OBD-II were p0102, p0443, p0036, and p0030

· Registered
6 Posts
long shot but try removing the first o2 sensor (will be loud ) but if it runs it might be your cats clogged. thats what happened to me.
if not change both o2 clean maf check to make sure the hose connecting to the engine cover / intake isnt cracked and replace them all if needed.

all things i did

good luck

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
long shot but try removing the first o2 sensor (will be loud ) but if it runs it might be your cats clogged. thats what happened to me.
if not change both o2 clean maf check to make sure the hose connecting to the engine cover / intake isnt cracked and replace them all if needed.

all things i did

good luck
You mean just take the o2 sensor out and run my car?

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,010 Posts
You mean just take the o2 sensor out and run my car?
Warning!

If you choose to do this, run the engine for only a very short time. Do not drive it any distance at all. You will be blowing exhaust out of a small hole and it could easily melt something nearby or even catch it on fire!

This is for TESTING ONLY.

@iponce011
When suggesting dangerous actions, please take the time to warn others. We're here to not only help, but to help prevent when we suggest doing something. Don't assume that the recipient will figure it out. Safety is no accident.

· Registered
6 Posts
Warning!

If you choose to do this, run the engine for only a very short time. Do not drive it any distance at all. You will be blowing exhaust out of a small hole and it could easily melt something nearby or even catch it on fire!

This is for TESTING ONLY.

@iponce011
When suggesting dangerous actions, please take the time to warn others. We're here to not only help, but to help prevent when we suggest doing something. Don't assume that the recipient will figure it out. Safety is no accident.
Apologize.
yes this is for a quick test not long term solution.
simply to see if it will run. If it does you can investigate by looking at bothcats to see which is starting to deteriorate.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

all things i did

good luck
What do I do if my cats are clogged. Do I gotta replace them completely? Or is there another solution?

· Registered
6 Posts
What do I do if my cats are clogged. Do I gotta replace them completely? Or is there another solution?
Yes full replacement. If you live in CA get a CARB compliment one. I know it’s expensive but you’ll be stuck not being able to smog it like me lol
I would pull them off and inspect them to see which one is bad. For me I replace the first car but it was actually the second that was deteriorating and left chunks of the material loose inside the exhaust pipe

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve been having so many problems with my Malibu I don’t know what to do. Every once in a while when I drive my car will stop working. The rpms will drop to 0 and I have no power in my acceleration. When I start it up it starts for about a second that shuts off. Also my car will do this thing while driving where it starts shaking real bad and says my engine power is low, that my traction needs to be serviced and my esc also. I found that if I disconnect my negative battery cable and reconnect it it’ll start up and drive again but it will stop working after some time. I have tried replacing my O2 sensors and my air filter as well as cleaning up my carburetor. I don’t know what else to do. I have several codes (0030. 0036. 0102. 0443. 0053. 0054. 0135. 0141) if anyone can tell me anything to help?

· Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,577 Posts
Newest post merged with existing discussion so readers can see history.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts