Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Malibu 2011 LS 4 Cylinders has check engine light code P0300 - Random Cylinders Misfired
Lack/Loss of power - It takes time to accelerate and feels so heavy
Hard Start - It start funny
Engine hesitation - The engine shakes when stops

What I have done
I replaced all new sparks plugs and the coils
I use factory recommended brand ACDELCO.
I use 3 different times fuel injectors cleaners
I also use HEET

What else I need to do?

Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Did you get a full scan of all the 4 code families ? Could be something else but a full scan is needed not just the P codes. Shops do a full scan for all the codes and things like fuel pressure for example.

Reactions: Hemp695

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'll probably be my next option. I don't trust the auto mechanic shops. Most of them are trying to take advantage of people. Can it be the fuel injectors?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Without a full scan with a shop level scanner everything is a parts swapping guess.
Most injectors get changed or screwed up by guesswork when nothing was wrong with them.
Low fuel pressure can be an issue also, see my point, without a complete scan and other tests it's all a big guess.
Today you plug in a high end scan tool BEFORE you even open the hood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Malibu 2011 Check Engine Light P0300 Random Misfires Fixed

Malibu 2011 Random Misfire P0300.

1. Use fuel injectors cleaner

2. Replace all 4 spark plugs and all 4 coil

3. Replace Intake and Exhaust sensor

4. Replace both Camshaft Sensors

5. Replace Crankshaft Sensor

6. Remove and clean the Throttle Body and Idle Air Control (IAC)

Step #6 you need to be careful. Use only the Throttle body cleaner and IAC cleaner to clean the Throttle body and IAC respectively.

Please Note: Each of the above replacements were done and drive for a week before another replacement was done. This was me going through the process of elimination and trying to do the easiest job to the hardest.

No check engine light, starts and runs like brand new car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had random misfires along with "Too Lean Bank 1." Obviously, a four cylinder only has one bank. I changed the purge valve solenoid and that fixed the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts