Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my daughter last winter brushed up against a snow bank and the plastic sill molding cover and the stainless kick (?) above it is dislodged minimally (1/4" out). i am not familiar with 2011 mailibu's and am looking for info on how these two items can be removed/replaced or adjusted. with the GM strike the availablity of getting parts is iffy at best and long time line, i am hoping to adjust the two pieces back to original placement. neither piece is bent or scratched. any info on bolts, screws, plastic fasteners would be appreciated. thanks

·
Administrator
16,898 Posts
Can you take a picture of the part(s) affected, plus a couple more showing the area? It'll help us to understand exactly where this is.

·
Administrator
16,898 Posts
I took a look at my 2011 below the right rear door and it looks like this (when it's dirty and wet).

I'll see if I can look at it tomorrow and give you some input. It shouldn't be too difficult since it's just a piece of plastic.

·
Administrator
16,898 Posts
From what I can tell, the back end of the trim is attached with 2 fasteners, a screw and an x-mas tree, as seen in this image. I was not able to see any other fasteners in the area, but those should get you a good start on taking care of it.

Right rear rocker panel attachment detail

1 - 6 of 6 Posts