Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello.

I have located a 2012 Malibu LTZ with 25,000 miles on it in my hometown Carmax for $18,600.

With $6K down, I can get 3-year financing for 1.85%. The car seems in great shape and was a rental/fleet vehicle in IL. I will test drive it again tomorrow evening.

Does this price seem reasonable?

I do not plan on taking any extended Carmax warranties.

Thank you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: ..

Which store is it located? I can pull the vin for you to make sure it's not been any any accidents.

If it's the Silver one in CA, then it's a rental from Washington State. They had it since July of 2011.

White One in CA is from Arizona, Had Since Jan of 2012.

Another White one in Ca from CA from Feb of 2012.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 2012 LTZ with 25K miles for $18,500?

The Carmax store is in Lexington, KY. The car came online in 3/2012 in Lombard, IL, and was bought at auction by Carmax in February in Cincinnati, OH.

Here is the VIN:

1G1ZG5E72CF301241.

Carmax provided me an Experian "AutoCheck" report which comes out clean on this vehicle.

Thank you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: 2012 LTZ with 25K miles for $18,500?

For a 2012, the price sounds more than fair. Back in February, my 2010 LTZ got totaled with 37K miles on it. The insurance company gave me $19,300 which included the tax, but the one you're looking at is 2 years newer and has fewer miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to close the loop... I ended up buying the car and am liking it a lot. My old '02 Altima was getting long in the tooth and the new leather seats and sun roof are very nice on this new Malibu. It still has a faint "new car smell"!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just to close the loop... I ended up buying the car and am liking it a lot. My old '02 Altima was getting long in the tooth and the new leather seats and sun roof are very nice on this new Malibu. It still has a faint "new car smell"!
Congratulations. How about some pictures?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm from Wisconsin, I picked up a 2012 2LTZ Black on Black with 18,000 miles,Had to get it in IL but not a big deal, talked them down to $17,200, they had it since March so I used that to my advantage. They started listing it at $19,980 then $18,980. It was a rental out of FL, its a CPO so I have 3/36 mile warranty, same as a new car and half the price. I feel we got a great deal. They made sure we had two keys and two fobs, etc and took care of any little thing we brought up, like a couple scratches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear ya. I was so close to buying a 2013 but then started doing the math..lol I purchased the 2012 for half the price of a new one and still have same coverage so im very happy. Im glad your enjoying your car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts