Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent 4k on a Malibu with 91k miles on it.. 2.4 motor blown head gasket i think.. is it worth fixing?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,878 Posts
Welcome!

I'm guessing this is an as-is situation with no 90-day warranty? You can probably get that done for 1000-1300. At least you don't have to replace the transmission. Recently another user, I think with a username of Tylort or tylert something like that, had the same year, engine, and similar mileage and was dealing with transmission replacement on top of engine problems. Must be an epidemic! If the car is in good shape, the mileage is pretty low so might be worth it. Have to take into account what other maintenance might need done though.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,716 Posts
Welcome!

I'm guessing this is an as-is situation with no 90-day warranty? You can probably get that done for 1000-1300. At least you don't have to replace the transmission. Recently another user, I think with a username of Tylort or tylert similar to you, had the same year, engine, and similar mileage and was dealing with transmission replacement on top of engine problems. Must be an epidemic! If the car is in good shape, the mileage is pretty low so might be worth it. Have to take into account what other maintenance might need done though.
Tyler34, and they're in the same general area.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,878 Posts
I was thinking tylorert. Wow that's a lot of 2012 Malibu 2.4 tossin' problems for da tylerz!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts