Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, long time lurker, you guys have helped me countless times. I have a 2012 2.4l Malibu 6spd auto with 85K miles and I was driving about 70mph and tried to accelerate more, the trans would not downshift and a few seconds later I felt a clunk and it started losing power. Nursed it to the part store and noticed trans fluid everywhere under hood. Added 2 qts and after driving less than a mile it started slipping bad and would not go past 5mph.

Got it towed home, and could not find anywhere the fluid leaked from, hoses, seals, cooler lines all look good. Made sure it is filled to proper level and reset the TCM by disconnecting battery, but this car will not move forward or back, just revs like it’s in neutral.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you all.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,329 Posts
That is truly sad news! You may have to make a choice between a repair or getting another vehicle. I hope not, but it sounds a lot like the trans let go internally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suggestions anyone? I can diy a lot of car repairs but I’m not sure where to start here....some codes it threw are P0700, P0796, and P02723.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Engine-codes.com will give you complete explanations of the codes which all point to valve body solenoid issues and loss of internal pressure issues. Sounds like it's rebuild time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts