Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been waiting for a part for 3 months now. It’s been 5 months since I’ve driven the car. GM has not ETA on this part. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,804 Posts
There are a couple owners that have been waiting on this part since last year. Unfortunately, while these owners had been waiting 3-6 months as of late 2019, no update ever came. I did a check and see it is unavailable on rockauto, summit, even eBay. They might not make it anymore. Some of the dealer parts site likes gmpartsgiant and gmpartsdirect show it discontinued. Have you called local GM parts counters direct to ask about the part or a revised part number? Don't rely on the service advisors as they might never follow-up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a couple owners that have been waiting on this part since last year. Unfortunately, while these owners had been waiting 3-6 months as of late 2019, no update ever came. I did a check and see it is unavailable on rockauto, summit, even eBay. They might not make it anymore. Some of the dealer parts site likes gmpartsgiant and gmpartsdirect show it discontinued. Have you called local GM parts counters direct to ask about the part or a revised part number? Don't rely on the service advisors as they might never follow-up.
Hi and thanks. I have placed an order for the part through my local chevy dealer since that is what GM advised me to do so I could get my case heard and the part escalated. But no luck so far. I am in Michigan and no salvage yards have the part either. At this point I am without a car and can’t drive the one I have. I am out of ideas.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,804 Posts
I would call every local parts counter continually. When you say "GM advised" that was Chevrolet Customer Assistance, right? You called them a few times demanding more escalation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would call every local parts counter continually. When you say "GM advised" that was Chevrolet Customer Assistance, right? You called them a few times demanding more escalation?
That’s correct. Chevrolet Customer Assistance I talk to them every week and they state there is nothing they can do.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,804 Posts
I usually have decent luck finding parts. No luck here. I put an email in to check availability with gmpartsdirect (flow Chevy in NC) and they have none. Since I am also in MI I called two local dealers. One said they can order it the other knew exactly what I was looking for and said they haven't had any in almost two years; consistent with reports from other owners on this forum. They offered to connect me with sales.

Wish I could help - can't. GM even has a bulletin about failure of this part. If they know it fails you would think they would have a supplier make it, mark it up, and sell it along with 3 hours labor. It's a win win.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I usually have decent luck finding parts. No luck here. I put an email in to check availability with gmpartsdirect (flow Chevy in NC) and they have none. Since I am also in MI I called two local dealers. One said they can order it the other knew exactly what I was looking for and said they haven't had any in almost two years; consistent with reports from other owners on this forum. They offered to connect me with sales.

Wish I could help - can't.
Thanks for checking and your time. I think I am stuck for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wonder what the bracket is made out of. Aluminum, magnesium, pot metal etc.

If this were my Malibu, at this point I'd be looking around for a machine shop who could either repair/weld the bracket or machine out a new one. Not ideal and won't be cheap, but would be better than an unusable car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts