Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a horrible time with this 2013 Malibu Eco. New brakes, rotors, caliper, belt, battery, and timing chain. Now the day after getting the timing chain fixed, the battery voltage is reading 11.4 most of the time when I'm driving it. It has entered battery saving mode twice and each time I drive it, it says "Service battery charging system". The code reader says something about the second battery in the car having the fault. How do I fix this and how much is a replacement battery? I bought the car from my brother for 3 grand and I've put 2 grand into it already. HELP!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you remember or did you write down the EXACT codes that were thrown? It is very important in diagnosing this issue, as this issue you are describing can be caused by many different issues - some minor, some not. I had this exact problem with my vehicle, but I am hesitant to give any advice without more information about your vehicle.
Also, it is important to know the year of your vehicle and the trim level (2013 Malibu LTZ ECO, for example).

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,898 Posts
Also, it is important to know the year of your vehicle and the trim level (2013 Malibu LTZ ECO, for example).
The vehicle is listed in the discussion title and first post as a 2013 Chevy Malibu Eco. As for trim, Eco is more than sufficient as a description as there is only one engine and transmission available in the 2013 Malibu Eco (the 2.4 eAssist with 6-speed). There are some optional equipment subgroups (optional heated mirrors, seat memory etc) of 1SA/1LT and 2SA/2LT but there is no 2013 Malibu L ECO or LS ECO or LTZ ECO.

While EmilyMarie has done a fine job listing the year, model, trim and some history of work performed, some additional information such as the specific fault code and current mileage would be helpful. Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.