Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting all kinds of weird stuff including codes u0100, u0422. tested to be a bad battery . i changed it but i was given a 47a instead of a 47agm . Not sure it its a difference. Now it wont start. i tried boosting it with my LiON booster and nothing. I did get someone to start it but he had one of the old type of lead based boosters. I let it run for an hour. Today it wont start .
When it wont start I dont even get a crank but I do have lights.
Is it the wrong battery or something else. I cleaned off the wire ends and put on di-electric grease.
what else should I check?
thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the battery tested. tested good at 12.6v fully charged. Any ideas. what to look at? I checked every fuse. except the ones under the dashboard.
Update. after testing the battery. i put it back in and wriggled the negative cable and it started but it said
service power steering
service stability
and the tach didnt move and the I had no speedometer.
I backed it into my driveway and then pulled forward. when i tried to go back i had no reverse.
Any ideas? Bad negative ground cable? Bad PCM or BCM?

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Bad ground cable, you figured it out. Any poor connection or bad battery will cause all kinds of crazy stuff to happen. Power connections have to be perfect in any of todays vehicles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the negative cable and cleaned where it connects to the frame . Still having the issues. Is there another ground cable to check? Is it maybe the positive cable?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The answer seems to be in this post .

Any help on getting to the BCM to remove the connectors? And whats the secret to unlock the connector to remove them?
thanks

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
The bail locker is unsnapped to be able to lift the bail, which mechanically unplugs the blue connector as you move it.

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
On my Gen7, it's on the right side of the center console, at the very front. A panel on each side (driver's and passenger's) can be removed to access that area. Three of the four BCM connectors can be accessed from the passenger's side. The fourth is easier to access by unscrewing the module housing from the panel it's attached to.

Your Gen8 may be the same, similar, or quite different. I don't know. See what you can do to take a peek.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
On the 8th gen it is under the dash on the left side of the drivers seat . Real pain to get in there. Anyone know the secret or has a diagram?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am still not starting and getting the service stability, power steering. I found this thread for the 7th gen
FRETTING CORROSION: Service Traction Control/ ECS
which seems to be the same issue. How do i get the fuse box out to get to the bcm connections? There seems to be a plastic cap that snaps off to rotate down the fuse box but there isnt room to snap it off . It hits the inside of the console. Do i have to remove everything? How do I identify the different BCM connections?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts