Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 malibu 2.5L engine sitting at 125,000kms. Abs light and service stabilitrak light came on the other day. Reading 2 codes today C0045 (left rear wheel sensor) and U0422-7.1 something to do with invalid data received from BCM. Can someone please help me understand the second code and if it will go away once I replace the left rear wheel hub assembly? are the two codes related? may be a stupid question but i have no idea. My fear is that once I replace the hub assembly and solve that problem, the other code will remain and still have an issue with the bcm.

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

I would really appreciate if someone could help educate me. Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
more knowledgable on here should chime in soon but the hubs have a tone ring on them that lets the car know the ABS works as well as Stabilitrak...usually in the colder climate areas and those that use salt on the roads, the tone ring corrodes and the circuit can no longer be made...then you get the lights on your instrument panel...

if that is your issue, a new hub should fix yours up and yes, it is a somewhat common issue...

Good luck,

Bill

·
Registered
2008 Malibu 2.4L, LT, FWD, 117k (1/16/22)
183 Posts
Can’t help you with the “U” code, but not knowing what it is shouldn’t stop you from fixing the Wheel Speed Sensor issue, which is well-defined. Just fix the Wheel Speed Sensor and hope it clears the U-code. If it doesn’t, you can cross that bridge when you get to it.

Regarding the WSS, though - I can tell you that my $80 Harbor Fake OBD-2 unit seemed to be citing the wrong wheel on my 2011 Equinox. It said “Rear Driver Side”. Didn’t trust it, so I double-checked it using an Innova at O’Reilly’s, which said “Front Driver Side”. When I checked the (front) “Encoder Ring” the sensor reads, it was cracked!

I have the new ACDelco hub, but haven’t installed it yet. Is it just the encoder ring, or is the sensor bad, too? I don’t know yet. I didn’t buy the hub with the sensor ... it’s just a hub.

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 malibu 2.5L engine sitting at 125,000kms. Abs light and service stabilitrak light came on the other day. Reading 2 codes today C0045 (left rear wheel sensor) and U0422-7.1 something to do with invalid data received from BCM. Can someone please help me understand the second code and if it will go away once I replace the left rear wheel hub assembly? are the two codes related? may be a stupid question but i have no idea. My fear is that once I replace the hub assembly and solve that problem, the other code will remain and still have an issue with the bcm.

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

I would really appreciate if someone could help educate me. Thank you in advance!
Hey did u ever find out what the issue was I am having the same exact problem

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,561 Posts
Hey did u ever find out what the issue was I am having the same exact problem
What are you driving? Here's what to share:

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Which engine? There are 2 different ones. That code is not good either.
We need accurate and complete info to give any advice.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,561 Posts
Which engine? There are 2 different ones. That code is not good either.
We need accurate and complete info to give any advice.
It's a 2.5L
I haven't found out yet. I forgot to add the size of the engine. I'm blonde but don't hold it against me lol I hope to hear back soon. When I do I will definitely let you know.
Thank you for providing the engine size.

It would also be helpful to scan it for codes and either take a picture of the codes that come up, or write them down and share them here.

Using one's hair color as a judgment of their intellect is a stereotype of the past. We're human, but we also try to keep inflammatory statements to a minimum.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
I'll add check intake manifold bolts for looseness on the 2.5 to the list below which would be under vacuum leaks. This is not a simple push this here thing to fix if you are not a well skilled mechanically based person.

|What are the Possible Causes of the P2097 CHEVROLET Code?
  • Exhaust system leaks
  • Split, kinked or improperly connected vacuum hoses
  • Insufficient fuel in the tank
  • Leaks in the air induction system and air intake ducts
  • Missing air filter element
  • Cracked evaporative canister
  • Evaporative pipes plugged, obstructed, or leaking
  • Crankcase ventilation system leaking
  • Engine vacuum leaks
  • Low fuel system pressure
  • Contaminated fuel
  • Lean fuel injectors