Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the while sitting at stop light esc, keep popping on, than power steering assist, and brake assist. Car started acting like it wanted to shut off. Brought it home try to scanned the car for codes says no communication to lots of control module. When the car does start an runs it's rough the instrument cluster gauges aren't working all types of warnings light on. It almost like the car ust getting full power. In last two years generator was replaced, battery, generator control module. That picture is when car is running. Battery tested out good
Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Car

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,023 Posts
Have the battery checked thoroughly. Not the first time a wonky battery that can still start the car has caused a bunch of seemingly unrelated issues.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Update I fully charged the battery all the codes are gone. Which I do expect since it didn't have a battery in. When I plugged in my OBD2 reader it says lost communication to hybrid power train control module. Do with that I can't see any hybrid function like batteries voltage, what's the drive motor putting out etc.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hey check all your grounds Connection I had abs, brake, Traction lights on and the code was giving me was po697 lose Communication to Module I found 1 broken ground wire next to left side head light after I repair that all the lights shut off I hope it works for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts