Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I bought a used 99k Malibu Eco 2013. Overall good condition not the best car had been sitting for at the least a year. Replaced the alternator and battery because owner said main battery was not charging or staying charged and start stop was not working.

Used OEM alternator/generator part number 24262691. Still when driving it’s 11.6V to 12.6V on the DIC. Says the auxiliary battery is charging but I don’t believe it. Or it’s charging slowly very slowly when driven.

getting codes:

1.P0AFA hybrid battery system voltage low

2. (x3) P0CBF Drive motor “A” coolant temp sensor circuit too high.

3. (x1) P1B3F High voltage system interlock circuit 2 low voltage

4. (x1) P0CBD Drive motor “A” temperature circuit range performance

5. (x1) P0A90 Drive Motor A performance

6. (x1) P069E fuel pump requested MIL illumination

7. (x2) P0AC4 Hybrid power train requested MIL Illumination

8. (x1) P2101 throttle actuator control motor circuit range/performance.

9. (x1) P0102 mass/volume air flow circuit low

10. (x1) P2176 throttle actuator system idle position not learned.

11. (x3) U0284lost communication with grille air shutter module “A”

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Chevrolet dealerships are very clueless about the battery in the trunk. Since it’s the BIG battery and not the very smaller ones they’ve used in the newer Malibu’s.

They want 2k for the battery and 500$ to replace it. I want to know what the actual issue is before I throw money away.

Is the GCM faulty,auxiliary trunk battery or something else? Nice car but I don’t want to spend time with a lemon

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Salvage title, it may have been flood damaged, you have no sure way to know it's history. That means crazy expensive electrical issues. Especially in hybrid vehicles. It got totaled for some reason that's why it has a salvage title, probably flood damage. Today's computer cars and a salvage title are not the good deal they seem to be with harness damage from crashes or flood damage. You have a lot of electronic module failure codes. Good luck.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts