Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ‘13 Malibu and recently my "check engine light" came on. I went and had it checked via the diagnostic port and these codes came up. My question: is it doable for a common sense user? Are the parts necessary going to be expensive? Anyone who can tell me, hit me up, please!?!?

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Malibu 2.4L, LT, FWD, 117k (1/16/22)
183 Posts
Search this site. Looks like people have replaced the Exhaust and Intake Solenoids and that’s fixed it for them, but buy ACDelco parts. I’ve replaced these before on my son’s 2008 2.4l. They’re not expensive (~$35-$40 each). Knockoffs might give you trouble.

How’s your oil? Have you been changing it regularly (5,000 or less miles with synthetic) and keeping the level up? If so, then your Timing Chain is probably OK (unless you hear any unusual noises coming from the Front Cover area where the Serpentine Belt lives).

It’s probably just those Solenoids. And they’re easy to replace - just pop off that plastic engine cover and there they are dropped into the top ... at least on my son’s 2008, at least...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.